3.1.5 3 September 2018
- Removed remote license activation.
3.1.4 30 July 2018
- JIRA, API tokens are now supported as a form of authentication.
3.1.3 25 July 2018
- Mojave support (light mode only).
- Automated scheduled delta updates are now every 3 minutes due to the GitHub API throttling requests for users with large numbers of repos.
3.1.2 5 June 2018
- Hitting Escape whilst in an issue’s comment box now restores focus to the left-hand issues list.
- More reliable user notifications of new issues and comments.
- Performing undo when the last line in a Markdown field is a bulleted line.
- JIRA, removed functionality for detecting deleted worklogs due to unoptimised SQL query being run server-side (Atlassian bug being tracked).
- JIRA, fixed crash when creating an issue with an empty Sprints field in the main window.
- JIRA, components are updated within 2 hours when the server-side values change.
- JIRA, editmeta (field info) is updated within 2 hours when the server-side values change.
- JIRA, don’t show duplicate Story Points fields if the Story Points field is enabled in the web UI.
- JIRA, allow floats to be used as Story Points.
3.1.1 21 May 2018
- Keyboard shortcut to show the project switcher (Command + P).
- Can now navigate the project switcher with your keyboard.
- Allow pasting text in autocomplete fields.
- When editing a Smart Project’s rules, no longer need to click twice initially to give the popover focus, and then to edit.
- When resizing split view pane in search mode, the selection highlight is resized accordingly.
- Prevent phantom pasting of image when an image path is in the pasteboard and the contents are pasted into an issue.
- Mutator process crash when giving a GitHub issue focus.
- Keyboard shortcut for toggling star status.
- Creating a sub-item via contextual menu displays the insert form for the item correctly.
- Jittery Markdown editing inside of an issue description field.
- Crash when marking a field as hidden twice.
- Crash when no issue is selected and a keyboard shortcut associated with an item is used.
- Crash when navigating to a date picker field in the Quick Create window by tabbing there with the keyboard.
3.1 3 May 2018
- Search field now contains a placeholder which tells you where you are searching.
- Can now search just within the current project (Command + Shift + F).
- Activity indicator inside of group cells are now lighter coloured to match the titlebar.
- Delta updates were checked every 5 minutes - they are now being checked every minute so you can receive faster feedback to changes on your server.
- You can now search within the Timings project for items specifically in there.
- Titlebar Switcher menu now fits the width of the longest project name if reasonable.
- While searching, the selection state no longer jumps to the top if you have moved the selection.
- 0.4s performance improvement when loading forms which include a date picker field.
- Show scrollers if scrollers are always set to be shown in System Preferences.
- In the Timings project, the menu option to delete an item is no longer present - only the option to delete the time log.
- Text checking settings for text views are now respected.
- Don’t show instructional placeholder view immediately after importing a project.
- Prevent crash when pasting in multiple lines in a block quote.
- Prevent crash when logging item time when there is no selection.
- Prevent crash when restoring incorrectly selected Switcher row (i.e. the last button row).
- Prevent crash when retrieving and saving issue type icon images.
- Prevent crash when performing an update/mutate/delete operation.
- JIRA, don’t rank issues in sprints if the sprint only contains 1 issue.
3.0.21 24 April 2018
- GitHub, issue where users upgrading from v2 would have ‘incorrect permissions’ in Bee 3.
3.0.20 23 April 2018
- Instructional image when the issues placeholder is shown (for a project with current empty groups).
- Undo support for text fields inside the main window.
- Alignment issues for the autocomplete dropdown menu on multi-monitor setups.
- JIRA, importing new projects on older servers which don’t have Agile installed.
- Wording on GitHub accounts screen.
3.0.19 22 April 2018
- ‘List’ has been renamed to ‘Project’ across the whole UI for consistency, e.g. ‘Smart Lists’ are now called ‘Smart Projects’.
- JIRA, substituting enhanced icons for new feature and support.
- JIRA, web flow auth now supports servers with port numbers.
- JIRA, web flow auth now detects persistent cookies in more locations in case your JIRA On-Premise install is customised with an alternate landing page.
- JIRA, URL custom fields are now active links and are no longer multi-line to reflect the site.
- System setting for ‘AppleFontSmoothing’ is now respected.
- GitHub, second, local-only comment being created when posting a new comment.
- GitHub, event log not refreshing after mutating an issue.
3.0.18 20 April 2018
- JIRA, column order was not being maintained.
3.0.17 20 April 2018
- Preference to disable the Flying Bee placeholder.
- Reworded ‘New List’ to ‘Import New Project’ and updated keyboard shortcut to reflect this.
- JIRA, alternative web login now allows multiple user accounts to be added (session state is reset before the web flow).
- JIRA, alternative web login now allows you to login directly to your SSO and Bee will autodetect your JIRA instance’s hostname.
- Crash when deleting lists from the Switcher.
- When updating Smart List rules, immediately refresh the Smart List to reflect changes.
- Don’t refresh issues if they are still being created in the main window.
- Detect when mouse is being dragged over group rows to prevent collapsing them.
- JIRA, support for using API Tokens for authentication.
- JIRA, able to more freely drag and drop issues between columns and sprints.
- JIRA, Okta support when logging in directly via the Okta portal and auto-launch is enabled.
3.0.16 17 April 2018
- Crash when toggling Next status inside of Smart List search results.
3.0.15 16 April 2018
- Crash when trying to open the item popup menu when the parent window is closing.
- Exception being thrown when trying to QuickLook an attachment which isn’t downloaded yet.
- Notes, able to add multiple lists pointed to the same folder.
- Notes, renaming a note renames the corresponding file on disk.
3.0.14 13 April 2018
- Currently-viewed item is checked for updated data when the window is given focus.
- JIRA, can now group by Epics (View > Group By > Epic).
- JIRA, Smart List rules can now be formed with Epics.
- Rare crash when activating the details-pane item menu.
- Can rearrange groups again.
- Alignment with issue settings button in details-pane on macOS 10.11.
- Issue settings button and search button are able to be clicked on macOS 10.11.
- Item links field now allows use of ‘return’ key to commit its contents.
- Notes, crash when definition link is defined at the end of a document.
- JIRA, prevent dragging issues between swimlanes.
- JIRA, remove existing epic link for issue when assigning a new one.
- JIRA, detects and deletes deleted issue links for epics.
- JIRA, crash when typing in a username followed by a colon at the end of a document.
- JIRA, not assigning epics to columns or sprints.
3.0.13 11 April 2018
- Search now searches across labels as well - displayed in their own group.
- JIRA, renamed Filter Projects grouping item to Board Projects.
- JIRA, fixed deleting an Epic Link from an issue.
- JIRA, when swimlanes are based on projects, grouping by swimlanes correctly shows the projects.
- JIRA, renamed Epic field to Epic Links to better reflect the website.
- JIRA, fixed Epic Links field not showing its dropdown menu.
- JIRA, fixed Item Links field not showing dropdown menu.
3.0.12 10 April 2018
- GitHub, added Assign keyboard shortcut and popover.
- Manuscript, added Assign keyboard shortcut and popover.
- Increased hit area of details-pane transition drop-down button.
- Prevent showing Assign menu item if service doesn’t support it.
- Disable menu item to Open in Website if item doesn’t have a URL (i.e. Notes).
- Fixed crash with Touch Bar Macs occurring when typing into the Description field.
- JIRA, occasional crashing updater process fixed by detecting deleted account earlier and aborting session renewal.
3.0.11 9 April 2018
- Keyboard shortcut for transitioning an item (Command + Option + T).
- Keyboard shortcut for assigning an item (Command + Option + A).
- Removable image placeholder instructional views on Next and Timing lists.
- New Item submenu inside of the main menu - more options and more keyboard shortcuts directly accessible.
- New sticky Item settings button in the details pane which is always present for quick access to item options.
- Placeholder shown when last Next or Timing item is removed from the list.
- JIRA, after rearranging items within a board - the order is confirmed immediately with the server to prevent a mismatch down the line.
- JIRA, better detection of Tempo Accounts field.
3.0.10 4 April 2018
- Keyboard shortcut to view issue on website even when details-pane is collapsed (Command + Shift + W).
- Issues are no longer scrolled to when they are moved around the list.
- Show the issue upon mouseover when hiding the issue type icon (View > Item Display Options > Type).
- Open Items Count now displayed on the Remaining Items group.
- JIRA, show sub-tasks inside of proper columns in board.
3.0.9 4 April 2018
- Crash when entering Search mode.
3.0.8 3 April 2018
- Keyboard shortcuts for copying current item’s identifier, URL, description and Bee URL.
- Clicking on a group row will collapse or expand it.
- Account Configuration sheet in Preferences and when adding a new Account from within the New List window was not able to be closed on 10.12.
- Creating and saving view preferences when adjusting item display options.
- Fixed occasional crash when Smart List is reordered due to an external change.
- No longer filtering out user notifications created by logged-in user.
- Fixed the group settings button being enabled despite it being invisible.
- JIRA, priority icons are no longer clipped for JIRA v6 - if this was affecting you, go to Preferences > Advanced > Clear Image Cache.
- JIRA, live-edit popover no longer shows an error message about a missing ‘Name’ field.
- JIRA, issue identifiers are not shown inline for boards by default.
3.0.7 28 March 2018
- JIRA, simplified initial project selection (projects represented solely by Boards are filtered out).
- JIRA, more descriptive names given to projects for older servers.
3.0.6 27 March 2018
- GitHub, formatting embedded code ranges in comments.
- Prevent blank screen from sometimes appearing just after a project has been synchronised for the first time.
- JIRA, fixed fetching images, avatars and attachments when logging in with username and password.
3.0.5 26 March 2018
- Fixed crash on machines set to a non-English language when the Preferences window was opened.
- JIRA, alternative web login now works after a failed attempt at authenticating with the regular authentication mechanism.
- JIRA, correctly draw the issue type field even when not marked as required.
- JIRA, transparently recreates the user’s session when it expires.
- GitHub, decreased number of parallel requests to avoid triggering API restrictions.
- GitHub, fixed instance where duplicate reactions were shown in the UI.
- GitHub, fixed instance where duplicate comments were shown in the UI.
3.0.4 beta 5 21 March 2018
- Spacebar now toggles a new window for the selected issue.
- Now using a different datastore than v2 so both Bee v2 and v3 can be used together on the same machine if needed.
- Lens animation glitch when transitioning between lists and the lens is halfway through an animation.
- Strip colon and slashes from filenames created with Notes plugin.
3.0.3 beta 4 19 March 2018
- Better restoration and creation of new windows and their split positions.
- Better behaviour when activating app with no main windows.
- Better split pane toggling behaviour.
- Fixed Toggle Details Pane keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed references to external URLs.
- Fixed rendered Markdown field being too short upon reflow.
- Updated title for synchronizing current list.
- Calculate height of Markdown rendered fields correctly.
- If details pane isn’t shown, show new item window instead.
- Fixed transition animation in some situations.
- JIRA, fix updater crash when deserializing nil error response.
- JIRA, more reliable session renewal.
- JIRA, fixed issue with editing description field and it not being reflected immediately afterwards.
- JIRA, don’t continuously reconnect if account has been deleted.
3.0.2 beta 3 14 March 2018
- Option to hide and show the details pane.
- More reliable incremental updates.
- Notifications preferences now save customised options.
- QuickLook for file attachments is now functional again.
- Global keyboard shortcut for displaying Quick Entry window is functional.
- Ascending menu item option is hidden when items are set to be sorted manually.
- Initial import of projects no longer briefly shows unsynchronized message.
- Licensing menu items are no longer duplicated when the main window is opened and closed repeatedly.
- JIRA updater process no longer crashes due to a deleted account.
- JIRA, creating new issues within Kanban boards now shows the issue immediately underneath the correct column.
3.0.1 beta 2 2 March 2018
- Determinate progress bar when first importing a list into Bee.
- Faster startup time.
- Titlebar activity indicator is now more subtle and is not shown for longer, initial list imports.
- FogBugz collapses outlook.com email replies.
- JIRA fields can select autocomplete menu options again.
- JIRA authentication via web login is enabled.
- Reset cursor when moving away from the titlebar search field.
3.0.0 beta 1 28 February 2018
- First public beta release.
- New, redesigned from the ground-up UI and animations - bigger, brighter, lighter.
- Much improved support across the board for all the supported services (GitHub/JIRA/FogBugz).
- JIRA now supports voters/watchers, improved attachment controls, much improved support for Agile Boards and web auth.
- GitHub now supports reactions, multiple assignees, long commits are folded, more events are pulled into an issue’s timeline.
- FogBugz has improved commenting and email reply functionality - you can reply and close an email directly from the comment bar.
- Notes has a new Markdown editor which was written from scratch, it supports GitHub-flavoured Markdown and has autocomplete.