Bee v1.9 is out now. The release notes for v1.9 are smaller than usual for a major release and whilst there are a couple of notable new features and fixes, the majority of changes have been happening under the hood.
Bee is being prepped for Yosemite support and for the support of additional issue trackers.
A large number of features have been added over the past several months on the journey to v1.9. These features are entirely the result of user feedback. Bee’s goal is to be an integral part of your software development toolchain and this is only possible by implementing workflow enhancements suggested by you.
Here are the features which have been added during the journey from v1.8 to v1.9:
- Added placeholder text when inserting a new timesheet entry.
- URL Scheme to show the New Item Window for a specific project (bee://newitem?project=
- URL Scheme for opening items now allows multiple identifiers to be passed (e.g. bee://item?id=
- Log work directly from an item by hitting Command-Shift-L (will jump to today’s date if its in range).
- Re-introduced Smart Sleep functionality - pauses your active item when your Mac goes to sleep (configure in Preferences).
- Optimisations for operations involving large data-sets (e.g. searching for related FogBugz cases in large projects).
- “Tag Name” Smart List rule now searches within tags as sets, e.g. a “None” rule for “triaged” will filter out all items which contain 1 or more tags with “triaged” in them even if that item has multiple tags.
- “Priority Name” Smart List rule.
- Item contextual menu for adding a new sub-item.
- In the New Item Window, when switching between lists - your previously entered content is kept for the new list’s fields.
- JIRA Agile, “Estimation Statistic” Smart List rule for filtering out issues which have or don’t have their Estimation Statistic set (story points, original time estimate, etc.).
- JIRA Agile, Sprints field in details pane for viewing and changing issue sprints.
- Increased search results limit.
- Disabled group header progress bar by default.
- FogBugz, Smart Pause now backdates time logs to the time at which you left your computer idle (consistent with JIRA behaviour).
- FogBugz, adjusting time logs will update all other affected time logs for that day, and will delete overlapping time logs if they are no longer needed (same behaviour as web site).
- FogBugz, Smart List rule for “Replied to Email”, to filter emails which you have replied to (you’ll need to manually synchronize your existing lists for this to behave as expected).
- JIRA, when manually refreshing an issue, if the issue is deleted server-side, it is also deleted from Bee.
- JIRA, when transitioning an issue to a closed state (as defined in list properties), automatically pause and submit the currently active work log first if there is one.
- JIRA, able to submit a comment with project role visibility (you’ll need to manually synchronize your existing lists to view the available project roles whilst commenting).
- GitHub, updates all issue events and comments after a transition.
- JIRA, added Resolution field.
- JIRA, user-group comment visibility options are now available.
- GitHub, doesn’t show repos which have issues disabled.
- FogBugz, now able to edit case notes (you’ll need to manually synchronize your existing lists first, for this to behave as expected).
- Added global keyboard shortcut for showing Timesheet window.
- JIRA, Bee now only stores worklogs which belong to the currently logged-in user.
- JIRA, comment visibility is now shown when viewing comments on an issue (you’ll need to synchronize your list manually before old comments are able to show this).
- GitHub, detects if a repo has been renamed and adjusts settings in Bee transparently and automatically.
- Opening an item from the Short List now automatically closes the Short List.
- JIRA custom fields which are textareas are now displayed as rendered HTML.
- GitHub, assigns a random color to newly created labels.
- Search results now search within item names with an additional reversed wildcard search for more possible matches.
- Increased live-search results limit.
- Can drag attachments into the comment and events area (JIRA, FogBugz).
- When inserting a new timesheet entry, the popover is shown only after you have selected an item.
- ‘Today’ group is highlighted in an alternate colour in the Timesheet window.
- Short List Preferences now has an option for changing the time elapsed to show the current session rather than the aggregate time spent on the item.
- JIRA Agile, flags on issues are synced now.
Sunday August 24, 2014